ARA Home Page
This website is a vital communications link between the Aetna Retirees Association and its members. Your ARA will use it to keep members and potential members informed about the important challenges we face in defense of our retirement benefits. We believe that we must be vigilant and involved on a number of levels if we are to succeed in our mission.
Members can play an important role in this effort by staying up to date on the issues, urging former colleagues to join ARA, and making their voices heard.
Keeping promises is the stock-in-trade of any insurance company. We look to Aetna to keep the promises it made to us.
Recent Changes to the Website
- Latest issue of our newsletter (July issue) – see Our Newsletter (7/14)
- Aetna's 2013 Annual Report added – see Related Websites & Other Resources below (6/14)
- Aetna's 1st-quarter earnings report – see News of Interest (4/14)
- Aetna completes purchase of InterGlobal – see News of Interest (4/14)
- An article on Federal cuts to Medicare Advantage plans squeezing insurers – see News of Interest (4/14)
- 2014 Resource Guide to Your Aetna Retiree Benefits added – see Related Websites & Other Resources below (2/14)
Related Websites & Other Resources
Frequently Used Aetna Retiree Websites
- Aetna Retiree Connection* – Aetna's most comprehensive website for retirees – get to any of the various Aetna retiree benefit websites through this site, including the various sites listed below. Also provides access to information on other benefits not itemized below, such as long-term care insurance and stock options, other resources such as access to the official Social Security and Medicare websites, options such as an address change, and much more.
- Aetna Navigator – Everything you need to know about your medical, dental, and prescription drug benefits, including your Retiree Reimbursement Account, your claims and deductible status, locating providers, estimating care costs, etc.
- Hewitt/Aetna 1* – Personal information about Pension and Long Term Disability
- Hewitt/Aetna 2* – Personal information about Life Insurance and Medicare medical/prescription drug plan details and cost for the option you selected.
- Aetna 401(k) Plan – Get account balances, reallocate funds, initiate withdrawals, etc. for your 401(k) plan
- Aetna Foundation Matching Grant Programs – Traditional Matching Grants (= "Personal Donations"), "Giving Campaign" et. al. (Note to first-time users: after going to retiree page, see link at the top)
- 2014 Resource Guide to Your Aetna Retiree Benefits – What area to contact and how, for questions on all retiree benefits: medical, prescription drugs, dental, life insurance, pension, 401(k), long-term disability, and more
* These three sites utilize the same user name and password.
- Aetna – a generic link to all that Aetna has to offer
- Aetna's 2013 Annual Report
- NRLN – National Retiree Legislative Network is a non-profit organization originated by several large retiree groups for the purpose of protecting and promoting the equitable treatment and the benefits of private- and public-sector retirees.